If you have a brick and mortar business, you how important a business sign can be. Even large stores, such as Best Buy, rely on the visibility of their iconic signs to drive customers into their stores. It has been estimated that at least 17% of walk in business at that retail giant is a response to people seeing the sign. If you are looking into your options for digital signs for business, you have a lot of options and decisions to make. Here are some tips for getting the most bang for your buck for your signage.
- Go bright or go home. When you are looking at the different electronic signs for business, one thing you may notice is just how bright and vibrant LED business signs can be. This is an important feature at night but is even a bigger deal during the day when the sun will be shining right on it. If you are not sure how bright your sign should be, always opt to go brighter than you think you will need your digital signs for business to be.
- Like the adage in real estate, when it comes to digital signs for business, it is all location, location, location. When you are looking to see where the best spot or spots may be for your outdoor LED signs, you need to spend a decent amount of time and on different days of the week. You need to both see the sign area from all angles of traffic and walk by it as well. If most of your traffic comes from the sidewalk, look and see how far away your sign can be seen. If you expect most of your business to come from the street, make sure cars going by can see you. You should check out your sign during the morning and evening rush hour.
- Look into the conditions under which your sign will have to be seen. Do you live in a wet part of the country? Is it dry, dusty and windy? What is the temperature like? These are all things you have to take into consideration when you are designing your signage for your business. One reason is that this may impact how far away your sign will be seen. This will also give you an idea of what kind of maintenance you will have to deal with and what the costs of keeping your signs running well will be. You can work with experts in this kind of lighting to get the best kind of lighted sign for your area.
- Be concise. You do not have a lot of time to get the attention of the people who are looking at your sign. When you have a business LED sign advertising your business, a lot of people will see it. They will walk by it and they will drive by it. The thing is that they will not spend a lot of time looking at it. Your text needs to be legible and your message needs to be really clear and simple. The people who see your sign should have no problem understanding what you are trying to sell almost immediately.
- Change is your friend. Your sign will always be a work in progress. You may love your sign and put it up and think that it looks perfect. Then you talk to your customers, friends and family and find you need to alter it. That is ok. Change is part of owning a business. When you make change your friend, you see that you are free to do what you want. If you have to make changes to your digital signs for business, you will find that making changes to LED lighted signs is very easy and pain free. Keep tweaking your plan for your signs to get the most from this part of your advertising plan.
Digital signs for business can make a big difference in getting the word out about your business. People will talk about creative signs that they see. Be creative and have fun with your sign display. This is important to your business but can also be fun.