You have made many improvements to the inside of your home. It is now time to pay attention to the front of your house. Since you were so able to find some natural stone for sale for the fireplaces inside your home, you are hoping that you can find some natural stone slabs for the outside that will mirror some of the same colors and textures that are found on the inside. With some real attention to detail and some great planning you hope that you are also able to find some natural stone for sale that you can implement in the backyard landscaping as well.
Whether you are looking for stone work that you can implement into your home or you are working for hardscaping ideas for your front and backyard, there are many options available. And while at first glance many of these stones may look similar, a closer examination will show significant variations in colors, textures, and swirl patterns.
Although home and business owners can feel like they are setting the latest trends in their use of stone and ceramic slaps, the fact of the matter is the use of marble in art, architecture, and design can be traced back thousands of years to early Egyptian and Mesopotamian cultures. In some cases, these versatile products are still in place.
Consider some of these facts and figures about hardscaping and the ways that various stone products are used in and around the home:
- Marble flooring can last up to 100 years with proper maintenance. Marble countertops, on the other hand, can last a lifetime, according to the National Association of Home Builders, m.
- 87% of homeowners enlisted the help of a professional during their kitchen renovation project, according to the 2016 HOUZZ Kitchen Trends Study.
- The majority of the 93% of home owners who are updating countertops during a kitchen renovation are choosing materials made from natural stone.
- The fact that just 23% of new homes started in 2014 had a deck, while 56% had a patio, is an indication that hardscaping is on the rise, according to the Census Bureau’s Survey of Construction.
- Finding natural stone for sale is the motivator that some people need to plan updates for their homes.
- 81% of travelers feel it is important for properties to implement eco-friendly practices. One example is that natural stone is an environmentally friendly building material that can benefit a hotel lobby in many ways.
Are you getting ready to improve the curb appeal of your home? Are you looking for a way to upgrade the natural stone spaces inside your house? Engineered stone and ceramic slabs are great ways to update the spaces that get the most attention in your home or on your property.