Today’s offices do not look the same way that they did a decade ago. From inplant offices to warehouse partitions that provide a place for managers to conduct the meetings that they have scheduled. In fact, inplant offices are a growing trend as many businesses try to make the most of all of space that they have.
Warehouse offices, prefabricated office walls, and other types of modular office buildings are the way that many companies are dealing with the task of having an office in a space that is already designed for another use. With the use of sound canceling walls and other of the latest advancements, installing prefabricated offices can help make the best use of the current available space. The fact that these warehouse partitioning systems can be relocated within any given space or relocated to another building altogether means that they provide the affordable flexibility that companies of all sizes are looking for.
Office Space Continues to be a Changing Term in Today’s World
Although there are still some top executives who have posh offices in sky scrapers down town, there are more and more companies of all sizes that are reconsidering their use of office space. As a number of companies make sure that they are making the most economical use of their space, there are more people, even top executives, who are forgoing the standard office. Instead, many companies have inplant offices that can serve as home to traveling executives.
Consider some of these facts about the latest use of modular and temporary construction and how it affects the economy and how the ways many companies plan their space:
- Permanent and relocatable are the two main types of modular construction.
- In addition to reducing energy costs later on for occupants, modular constructions also reduce energy consumption during the building process by around 67%.
- Projects can be completed much faster when using prefabricated construction methods are used, because 60% to 90% of all the work occurs in a warehouse or factory.
- Going modular can reduce construction cost by 9% to 20%, according to a report by the Building Industry Association of Philadelphia.
- Modular construction for hotels is becoming increasingly popular. Marriott International, for instance, pledged to modularly construct 13% of its North American developments in 2017.
- While still maintaining quality, modular methods allow for speedier construction times. One Chinese modular construction company, for instance, recently built a 57-story building in a mere 19 days.
The definition of an office today continues to evolve. Although there are still many executives who have fancy, traditional office spaces, the reality is that more and more companies are looking at more modest, but functional, solutions.