The plumbing system of your home is a vital aspect of your daily operations. Many parts of the shower and bathtub get clogged, especially from human hair. Hair gets stuck on the top surface and may flow through the p trap below where it gets stuck.
There is a need to be equipped with the best way to fix a clogged drain to ensure convenience with your drainage system. Bathtub drain repair demands skills from a well-trained and experienced plumbing contractor.
For any part of your plumbing system, hiring qualified personnel is the best way to clear a slow drain. For a minor clogging issue, you may use a plunger and a small-sized snake to unblock it. Any experience of an extended clogged drain issue stands to be sorted through professional skills from a reliable plumbing company.
Ensure that the company is licensed to be in operation. Having legit documents means that the company has met the requirements to deliver drain unclogging services. The best way to clean out sink drain through a plumbing contractor is by researching the suitability of the services. Conducting a background check of the individual’s career is therefore important.
A reliable contractor determines the best way to clear sink drain or any other drainage system issues after assessing the drain problem.
Drain repair is an important issue that is often overlooked. Homeowners spend a lot of time keeping up with maintenance inside the house and landscaping duties above the ground, but damage inside the trenches can lead to many problems for your property and your wallet. That’s why proper maintenance is so essential. Hopefully this will give you enough information to make an informed decision on when to get a professional pipe inspection.
Causes of Pipe Damage:
- Old Pipes — Sewer lines will get damaged over time. Angie Hicks of Angie’s List advises that if your home is more than 40 years old, you should have your sewer lines inspected.
- Buildup — If not properly maintained, drains can accumulate buildup and clog over time.
- Tree Roots — Tree roots can grow up to three times the width of the a tree’s crown. This can cause damage and will require drain repair. It’s best to keep trees a minimum of ten feet away from any sewer lining.
- Freezing Temperatures — Constant drain freezing and thawing could lead to cracks in pipes.
- Strong Odor on Property — If the sewer pipes are backed up far enough, a strong smell can develop.
- Slow Draining Bathtub — Keep an eye on your bathtub drain, if you notice it taking much longer to drain, it might be time for a sewer inspection.
- Issues With Toilet — Strange noises coming from your toilet or very little water are signs of a pipe issue.
- Tub and Toilet Buildup — If you notice major sewage buildup, this is cause for immediate concern and drain repair is needed.
- Water Blasting — It takes a lot of buildup to clog a sewer line because they are usually six inches or more in diameter. Water blaster pressure ranges from 7,000 PSI to 60,000 PSI and that should effectively clean any pipe buildup.
- Cutting of Roots — If there is root intrusion, a cable with an efficient root-cutting blade can be sent into the pipes to fix the issue. No digging needed.
- Relining — If there is only a minor crack in the pipe, a pipe sleeve can be put on to fix the issue.
- Pipe Replacement — Unfortunately, some pipes are so damaged, there are no other options but to fully replace them.
The trenchless dig industry allows for full maintenance and drain repair without any large digging on your property or street. Keeping up with proper drain maintenance, however, can save you the time and the money on full sewer replacement.