The winter months can be a dangerous time. With the additional use of space heaters, for instance, many home and business owners put themselves at risk for fire. As a result, fire alarm repair and fire alarm maintenance is especially important. With fire sprinkler installation and other fire protection services, business owners can make sure that they are protecting themselves, their employees, and their property and other assets.
It is especially important to make sure that buildings like hotels, dorms, hospitals, apartment complexes, and warehouses are as safe as possible. With the use of professional fire alarm repair and regular inspections, building owners can put themselves in the best position to avoid a dangerous situation that can cause loss of life and property. Fire alarm systems require regular maintenance and service to make sure that they are always in working order and will operate properly in the event of an emergency.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the importance of fire protection systems in several specific industries:
- 55% of medical facility fires are caused by confined cooking fires. For this reason, it is important to make sure that all fire regulations and guidelines are closely followed.
- Electrical malfunction accounted for 19% of non-confined fires in hospitals between the year 2004 and 2006.
- The combination of early warning systems and automatic sprinklers in all buildings could reduce property damage, overall injuries, and loss of life by at least 50%.
- 15 deaths and 150 injuries every year are caused by hotel and motel fires.
- Hotel and motel fires result in $76 million in property losses every year.
- With the implementation of stricter fire codes and regulations, warehouse property fires have declined substantially over the past 30 years. In fact, the dropped to 1,200 in 2011 after being as high as 4,700 in 1980.
Commercial fire protection is essential. Fire codes and regulations outline what information needs to be given to employees as well as what kind of equipment needs to be made available. From fire sprinkler repairs to fire alarm services, property owners need to make sure that their apartments, hotels, and other buildings are safe every day of the year, including the coldest of winter months.