Many Americans sometimes feel caught between two wants at home and at work. They want to not be surrounded by harmful bacteria, mold, and viruses. At the same time, they want to not be exposed to harmful and harsh chemicals and cleaners. This is important for people at home, at their places of business, and when they are out and about. It has been found that almost 30% of restaurant consumers will refuse to eat at an eatery if the bathrooms are not clean enough. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified at least 2,000 kinds of mold and they are all bad for you. Many people around the globe now turn to steam cleaning systems to work their magic in their businesses and homes.
There are a number of reasons homeowners and business managers are turning to steam cleaners to get rid of nasty dirty, germs, and mold. Here are a few:
- Steam is not at all toxic. Unlike harsh cleaners that use toxic chemicals, when you use a steam cleaning system, you are not adding harmful substances into your home or business. Substances such as ammonia and bleach will get rid of mold, bacteria, and viruses but there are many people for whom this can be dangerous. Steam will not hurt people with respiratory problems, such as asthma, and will kill about 99.99% of problematic agents.
- Steam will not hurt your pets or children. There are a number of substances in a lot of home cleaners. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has found that the indoor air at many companies is more polluted than the air outside because of harsh cleaning products. Steam does not do this to your home or place of business. In addition to bleach, some cleaning products have chemicals like sodium hypochlorite. If your animals or children were to stumble on this, the results could be very bad. The chemicals in these cleaning solutions tend to be very caustic. That means they can burn the skin, eyes, and lungs of anyone who comes in contact with it. While using the steam cleaning system on a person or animal is not advised, you will not leave nasty chemicals around to hurt them.
- It is much better for people who suffer from respiratory issues. When a person has asthma or allergies, being around harsh cleaning products can be very dangerous. The steam is just water. There is nothing in it to cause an allergic reaction or to trigger an asthma attack. That is a win-win.
- It is a much less expensive option. When you have a steam cleaning system, you will find you spend less in the long term on supplies. Since you will only be using water from your tap, you will not have to spring for expensive cleaning products. If you do a cost comparison to using steam to clean your home over buying these expensive (and potentially dangerous) products, you will see how much less you end up spending on cleaning up using steam and not conventional cleaning products.
- It effectively kills mold. As was mentioned, none of the thousands of kinds of mold found by the CDC are good for your health. Mold is a problem in a lot of areas of the world because it is everywhere. We are surrounded all of the time by mold spores blowing in the wind. As soon as they find a place with a damp spot, they can settle in and create their own home in your residence or business. Once it has moved in, it can be hard to remove and can cause a lot of problems for you. This is why it can be so expensive to do a mold remediation. Steam cleaning can kill it before it gets all comfy/cozy.
- It can get everywhere. Unlike sponges and mops, steam will get into any tight spot or< corner to get dirt, germs, or mold where they are. This also makes steam cleaning systems easier to use than traditional methods of cleaning./li>
There are a lot of great advantages to using steam cleaning systems to get your home or business clean and germ-free. You will also have more peace of mind knowing your spaces are clean.